Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add the power outlet to my console. I see the spot where it was an option. Is the wiring likely under the console and just needs the actual 12V outlet hooked up?

If not, how difficult would it be to add a power outlet into the center console?

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not a %100 sure but I would assume the wiring wouldn't be there cause in mine the wiring disconnects in the dash, so you might have that connector but they may have different harnesses, but other guys on here might be able to answer on that part, as far as hooking on up it wouldn't be hard, if you try tying in to your existing 12v wiring just T off from your one in the dash or you can have it on a seperate circut and then you just grab some small power wire and run it from your battery and just install an inline fuse of your choice, but be carful your wiring can handle it, and of course in both applications ground to chaise. I am doing this myself because I bought a heavier wire and going to add another 12v port, I am going to run a 25-30 amp fuse so I can hook up an inverter and something else and not worry about blowing the 20 amp fuse that's on the 12v power outlets for g6's. Sometimes 20 isn't enough aha!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts