Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a really good deal on antitheft wheel nuts just wondering what size they are on the car right now & if the others will work

·
Registered
423 Posts
ginuwine said:
i found a really good deal on antitheft wheel nuts just wondering what size they are on the car right now & if the others will work
what size of WHAT? are you asking for the 'Thread Size' of the wheel studs or the 'Wrench Size' that it takes to remove the lug nuts??? :confused:

i would think that another 'spec' to consider is the outside diameter of the lug nut, since on the GT 17" wheels it is a close fit and may require a thin-wall socket to remove them.

as for the possibilty of theft, i would think that it's rather remote seeing that the G6's have an unusual bolt pattern. about the only people looking to take G6 wheels with a Pontiac logo on them would be another G6 owner. i feel safe, but that's just me. just a thought....

·
Registered
423 Posts
ginuwine said:
what size are the lug nuts
again, if you are asking about the 'thread size', i believe just about everything is 12x1.25mm. but if you are asking about the size of socket to remove the lug nuts, i believe mine on my '05 GT is 20mm.

what 'size' are you looking at on the anti-theft ones you mentioned?

·
Registered
423 Posts
ginuwine said:
they are not 12mm x 1.25 they are 12mm x 1.5 19mm socket
i DID say 'i believe they are.....'

glad you found the answer on your own. so, don't leave us in suspense;

where is this "great deal" you talked about???? some members might like to know!!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts