Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do apologize if this is not in the proper area, but I am trying to find a few 'do not cross' lines before I really get into renovating too much.
I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 GT, have a decent background with vehicles and would like to improve on this machine. Drawback comes in - I have a warranty and I def do not want to mess that up if I can avoid it. Now I know the basics, air filter/CAI who cares, changing your fuel delivery system - void. I will put out my list of things I want to do that I feel will 'not' void the warranty and if that is the case I will move the conversation to the appropriate section.

HID lights (hi/low/fog)
Slotted Rotors (can't find em for '09 yet)
Rear Tail Lights (can't find em for '09 either)

Those are the things I don't think would have an issue with the warranty but then again, never had a warranty on a car before so I'm in the dark haha!

Thanks again in advance,
David

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well then that makes sense - I thought it was anything that they could prove 'altered the vehicle' aside from simple cosmetics. So I guess its safe to say don't beef up the engine but shy of that I should be golden?

· Registered
912 Posts
All the stuff you listed looks good.

I Have a CAI and the dealer say it prematurely weakened my motor mounts. Wish made my starter cable ground discount wish destroyed the starter.
Load of crap.
05 v6 200hp 220fpt
07gxp 252hp 251fpt
and all 6ers use the same mounts
Just giving an example of what could happen no matter how ridiculous it may seem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.