• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Spring finally here, it's time to start detailing our cars. What better time than to discuss your favorite wax/polish.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have always wanted to try Zaino, and many black car fans bow down to Zaino, but I'm not so keen on paying over $100 for everything.

I have used Zymol, Turtle Wax, Gold Class, and Eagle One Nano Wax. Of any that I used, I got a very good shine from Zymol, and was very disappointed in Gold Class. It was hard to apply and a hell to remove.

I picked up some Nano Wax several weeks ago and used it on my 00 Silver Grand Am, which, as some of you may know, was the last year for the more flat silver color before the Galaxy silver replaced Silvermist, and it gave my GA GT a shine that two coats has protected up until this day. I wash it, and it looks like I just waxed it. It's amazing.

I also used the Nano Wax on my Firebird, and while it didn't completely "remove" all the swirl marks, as it's a black car, it definately made the paint look wet and svelt.

DEFINATELY would recommend Nano Wax for those who like decent beading protection, and a massive shine on just about any color.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wax on - - wax off...

I've used Meguiar's products for years. Once upon a time..., I used to detail cars for a partial living & used these products way back when. Good stuff, Maynard!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought and used a new Meguiars wax product. Its synthetic and works great. Easy to apply and buff off. It makes the metallic blue paint look deeper.

Question: What would yall recommend for removing a scuff off the finish wiithout ruining the clear coat? It looks like a plastic or hard rubber scuff. It did not dent the metal and did not penetrate to the paint. I was able to remove a small amout with a carefule fingernail but I need to remove the rest. I am leary of using a polishing compound due to the clear coat.
Any suggestions, less taking it to the dealer or a body shop? :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Meguiar's makes a product called ScratchX, it works well as long as you work it that should take care of it. Read the guide posted in their forums that tells you how to apply it, otherwise you won't be happy with the results. Then follow it up with good quality wax.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Meguiars Tech Wax, which I stole off my friend :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
Update: NXT Wax is by far the most superior, longest lasting wax product Ive ever used.

I havent waxed it since July and I still get compliments on the shine and reflectiveness in the middle of a Minnesota winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts