Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 g6... Yesterday my car started making a noise that sounds like someone blowing over the top of a glass bottle... It only makes this sound when I'm accelerating... Someone please help...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2006 g6... Yesterday my car started making a noise that sounds like someone blowing over the top of a glass bottle... It only makes this sound when I'm accelerating... Someone please help...
I’ve had that problem since I drove it off the lot! I had the resonator and muffler checked - no issues. The noise occurs when accelerating through 2500 rpms. But it doesn’t cause any problems. Since I’ve owned it from new, after 14 years I’m not worried about it 😂

I would recommend a good mechanic check the resonator and the flexible joints - I did have a small leak, through wear and tear.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The convertible exhaust whistle has been the subject of numerous threads. Type "exhaust whistle" in the search box and you'll get several hits on the subject. I believe the convertible is more susceptible to this problem as its exhaust system is more restrictive. Included in the paperwork I got with my car was a work order where a dealer fixed the whistle problem under warranty early on. - Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts