Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought i would say whats up.. Have the white g6 gt. Tinted all the windows. monday i get the CAI., overbored throttlebody and ported and polished upper and lower intake manifold. Will post when i get everything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cai

I think he means an aftermarket Cold Air Induction System (CAI). I expect the gas mileage will drop with those mods being put into the car. I don't want to touch mine. I like getting 25 mpg with the price of gas nowdays.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No there are many ways to install them intakes can be set for warm air intakes or cold air intakes. Exhaust systems (mufflers) can have to big of pipping or it can be to restricted there are many ways these can add or take away from your engine.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I see what you are saying. Those specific reasons are why i have chosen not do change any of the G6's engine components as well as not do anything else to my S10. There are to many variables, and it would be a long shot to get it exactly right. I think i'll just leave the G6 the same way it came out of the factory, except for the sound system. I've found out that alot of the "Performance Modifications" cause reliability problems, and reduce MPG. Right now my S10 is getting 13.5 MPG, but it used to get around 17.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts