Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pretty good deal on some wheels this week to replace the two bent ones I have, and am needing to find out if my current tires should fit on them. I currently have the 18" OEM 5 spoke silver wheels, and am running at 225/50R18 on them. The wheels I'm looking at are DIP 63 18x7.5 wheels with I think a 40mm offset. From what I've found, it looks like the 225's should fit well on the 7.5 rim, and I think the OEM 18"offset is 41mm, so the stance shouldn't be too different. But, what else should I be looking at to see if they'll fit? Or, does it sound like they'll fit?

~Ken

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wheel swaps require tire size, offset, width, and of course bolt pattern.
You're almost there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Wheel & Tire Guys
143 Posts
225/50R-18 sized tires are approved for a 7.5-inch wide wheel and the +40mm offset works too, so as long as the bolt pattern and hub bore are correct, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the wheels and brought them home, as I'm cleaning them up I realize there's a flat spot on the outer back edge of EVERY single wheel. Just small enough for me to not notice until I got them home and rolled them on a flat concrete surface. So much for getting the tires transferred to a solid wheel, though they were only $50 so not a huge loss. Guess I'll keep looking

·
Wheel & Tire Guys
143 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, Ken.

If we can help you with a new set shoot us a PM. Our "PRE" 4th of July promotion kicks off tomorrow and during this event you can save up to 15% back by mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts