Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08' GT 3.5L. I just replaced the front and rear (struts, mounting plates, boots, rotors and pads, and tires) I have 46kmi on it. I am noticing a kind of wuuuurrrr sound coming from my front left tire.

I will admit i found a little ditch last year on the side and mainly that tire. I am wondering whether its the wheel bearing or hub i should replace. I would rather do only 1 since both pieces are pricey. If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Struts were KYB excel G-2, KYB plates and boots. Brakes were EBC crossdrilled and slotted rotors, Akebono Pads.

Tires-Yokohama Avid ENVigor, I went to 235 50 R17. 10mm wider than stock. I will admit, gas mileage down a little, but my ride in my car now feels like a new Mercedes. Just want to figure out the left front tire.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Kevin, did that last night, and it definitely still makes that noise. So i ordered a timeken hub and bearing assembly off amazon for a great price, 103.00 with free shipping. This should fix my noise and smooth out the ride even more.

But for all, I spent after installation $1,113.52 for the brakes and suspension replacement. Would have costed $2,300 if I didnt go and buy the parts online and go to my mechanic who gives me 25% off labor. And at 2,300, I would have gotten shit parts too. It was well worth that investment to have a car that rides so smooth you only hear the bumps a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In all honesty, I only ordered the ONE. I just put a little over 2 grand into the car, and have a mortgage, car payment, and insurances to pay for as well. I have a decent job to pay for all of this, but right now I am tight on cash, and I did the test to see which one it was, and DEFINITELY the driver side only.

I do agree with your sentiment to do both, but thats an extra 150 i really dont have at this moment. I will do it in the near future, in maybe a month or 2, not long from now. But the driver side needs it badly, so that is my priority. I plan on making this car last the next 5-7 years, so I will stay on top of the maintenance.

I use Amsoil 5W-30 Fully Syn and K&N filters, Amsoil tranny fluid, so the car is VERY sound. It was just after all the suspension upgrades and tires that I noticed the hub/bearing noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Cal,

one other thing i should point out is i got hit on the right side with 28k on the car. 82 yr blew a red light, figures. But they replaced my whole right side front end basically, so that hub only has about 18k on it, left side has full 46+.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.