Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lovely 06' G6 GT coupe with only 53,000 miles on it (got it w/35,000) has shot wheel bearings in the front. I'm just going to replace both hubs and have both new hub assemblies, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea what kind of time it'll take. A buddy and I are doing the job at his place will all the right tools and a lift, if that helps the estimate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts

That video shows everything you need to know. I just changed mine and depending how seized the hubs are in there it should take about an hour and a half a side. That's also taking in consideration that you have all the right tools. And you don't need a puller. A big hammer and pound those suckers out. That's how they do it in the shop. Peace!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have lost the 3 bolts that hold the front wheel bearing assembly. Where can I find the size and length to get replacements? Local part stores don't have a clue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to the local dealer Saturday. Local dealer could not even figure out how to order them. Called dealer in the next decent size town, can't get them in until Thursday. I guess I am stuck for another week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts