Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 G6 sedan V6 3.5L base model. I love my G6 and want to know as much as I can about it to be able to repair it and maintain it myself. My wheel hubs have gone out in both front wheels (not now, but one was a year ago and the other was 6 months ago). For future reference, I would like to change them myself. Seems easy to do. I just want to know if the wheel hub on my model of car has the ABS wire clip on the wheel hub or not. I search for wheel hubs for my car and come up with a regular wheel hub, slide the old one off and slide the new one on. The other one has a wire with a clip on the end. I would like to know from more experienced people on here if my model of car takes just a regular wheel hub and maybe give some explanation on what the wheel hub with the wire clip attached to it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can just look at it and see if it has the abs wire or not. If it's a gt 3.5 it has about and will have the wire as well as the front rotor bigger, base model 3.5 have smaller rotors and as far as I know do not have 4 wheel abs.
As far changing the hub yourself, it's fairly simple, but you better make sure you get the hub nut torqued on exactly to spec (not sure what the g6 is, my avalanche is around 190lbs ft) if you are too loose or too tight it will cause the hubs to go out fast.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If you have traction control or ABS (you'll see an ABS light on the dash at startup) then you have the wheel speed sensor in the bearing and need the one with the wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts