Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just recently we have started having a problem where you try to pass(giving a little acceleration) and all of the lights come on on the dash. Sometimes the powersteering goes away. I am aware that there is a problem with those electric units, but everything was fine until I replaced plugs and o/2 sensors.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem? The dealer of course has ruled out that it is not the electric steering motor. I will pull the codes later and update when I get home.

-Grant

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I picked the car up from the dealer because they say it is a wiring issue. I am not ruling that out, but I have to go with the obvious first. There were 30 codes that they should me but would give me so I could list them. Either way, I drove the car and can 100% duplicate the problem. When you accelerate(full throttle) the electric power steering goes out, shortly there after you get a yellow wrench light and then all of the lights on the dash flash.

Now, I just recently changed the spark plugs and o/2 sensors. This problem didn't start till I replaced the back 3 plugs next to the firewall and the front o/2. Because of time I replaced the front plugs and rear o/2(auto part store didn't have 2 at the time) because I could not get the wires off of the back plugs. Since I was driving to Florida from TX I could chance any problems. Car drove there and back no problems. I then replaced the other o/2 in the front and replaced the 3 plugs and plug wires(because I have to cut them to get them off). This is when the problem started. Car drives fine as long as you don't go into WOT.

Any suggestions?

:eek::cool:

· Registered
4 Posts
This car has worst electrical system, useless dash light system and most annoying radio alerts of any car I have ever owned. Oh the traction control is going out and shows that it needs serviced? That is probably an intake leak. Really? Oh yes, of course it is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.