Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
lol, you are going to LOVE it. i've only had mine on since like late NOV so no window down weather yet :( i can not wait till summer lol so i can have the windows down nd not have the play the radio haha. your sooooo gonna love it w/ the top down lol. do one thing tho, get rid of the 3rd cat if ur newer then 07 which if i remember right you are lol.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$100 off, yes! Although the shipping was $98 so I suppose you could look at it as full price w/free shipping :rolleyes:

And I'll check into the 3rd cat deal - they said that for 08's & 09's there's some cutting & welding needed, which puts it completely out of DIY territory for me :eek:

Thanks for the advice!

BTW anyone get my thread title reference :-D ?

·
Registered
638 Posts
well has it shipped yet? if it hasnt i wonder if on request they will send you the strait pipe piece everyone else gets instead? all i did is get a piece of t304 stainless the same size of pipe but to the right lenght and cut off the flange from the old exhaust and welded it on the pipe.

oh damn i think i just remember reading somewhere that NJ has emission inspection? if that the case then mabey its not such a good idea lol. we dont have inspections here :)

·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emissions testing, that we do :(

So I guess I'm stuck with teh 3rd cat; FWIW I have a post (that no one has replied to yet) on the "other" forum asking about the performance differences w/ & w/o it.

And Keith it's not from a movie ;)

·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Partial credit - it does involve a song with that title but you didn't give the specific connection, although it's a pretty obvious one :cool:

And after further research I've decided to leave the 3rd cat on; even though it's bogus in that the same car two years older doesn't have one and would pass without it, it's illegal & subject to fine in NJ to tamper with/remove any stock cat so I'm just not going to mess with it, even though it's likely they wouldn't discover it since it doesn't throw a code if you remove it :bash:

·
Registered
159 Posts
you should post a video of your exhaust when you get it installed so i can assure myself that i still want to go custom

·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I probably won't bother with a video only because there's a lot of other vids up already plus I know from my last car that vids never give you a true sense of good it really sounds :beer:.

Then again, maybe I will :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
you should post a video of your exhaust when you get it installed so i can assure myself that i still want to go custom
Are you on someones payroll? Seriously, I think everyone knows that you hate our exhaust, you post the same message on every exhaust thread. We really didn't want to make this post, but damn dude, give it a break.

You haven't even heard our exhaust in person, which sounds totally different from the vids.

I apologize to the forum, for making this type of post, it's just that after a while it gets really old.

·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doh! Didn't catch the dig in Fuzz's post :bash: Ah well, you can't please everyone no matter what you do. I'm more than convinced that I'm going to really like it based on the testimonials of those who actually have it :dogpile:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry that I've posted it so much. It's just my opinion and maybe you're right. Maybe it does sound a lot better in person. From the videos I've seen, there is a lot of "rollover" and I want to avoid that as much as possible because I think it sounds like something is wrong with the car.

I know that it's hard to avoid rollover no matter what you do with the exhaust, but that's why I'm going to keep it fairly restricted. I'd rather have it sound gorgeous than have the extra performance.

I hope to get my exhaust done over the summer and I'll definitely post a video when it's all said and done. The sound I'm going for is more like the 350z/g35. I don't want a deep sound that's almost like a v8. I want it to distinctly sound like a v6....kinda like this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry that I've posted it so much. It's just my opinion and maybe you're right. Maybe it does sound a lot better in person. From the videos I've seen, there is a lot of "rollover" and I want to avoid that as much as possible because I think it sounds like something is wrong with the car.

I know that it's hard to avoid rollover no matter what you do with the exhaust, but that's why I'm going to keep it fairly restricted. I'd rather have it sound gorgeous than have the extra performance.

I hope to get my exhaust done over the summer and I'll definitely post a video when it's all said and done. The sound I'm going for is more like the 350z/g35. I don't want a deep sound that's almost like a v8. I want it to distinctly sound like a v6....kinda like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8yH1Ojs0Io
When you're done, it will not sound like the Nissan 350z. Not even close.

While the sound of a V8 verses a V6 will never be the same, the sound of a Nissan 350z will also differ from your G6. The bore and stroke is very different, which has a lot to do with the actual sound. That is why a G6 with the 3.5 sounds a little different from the 3.9, and the 3.6 sounds completly different from both.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts