Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VL LX9
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My researching is coming up with nothing. The only new transponder keys that I am finding to buy are either blank, say "GM", or the Chevy logo where the arrow would be.

I haven't called the Dealer yet. Is there really nowhere else to buy new blank keys with the arrow logo?

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
140 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
28 Posts
My researching is coming up with nothing. The only new transponder keys that I am finding to buy are either blank, say "GM", or the Chevy logo where the arrow would be.

I haven't called the Dealer yet. Is there really nowhere else to buy new blank keys with the arrow logo?
You are not going to find one with the arrow logo unless some chevy dealer some where in the US had extra and never used them. I had to get one for the G6 I recently bought and had to get a key made and all they had were the ones with GM logo and they cut the key based on the Vin #.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wow! What search term did you use? I searched Amazon, Google Shopping, and ebay; and couldn't find those at all. Thanks for the links! I used various searches and then finally down to "pontiac g6 transponder key -fob -remote" and "pontiac g6 key -fob -remote" on ebay because it was flooded with fob/remotes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are not going to find one with the arrow logo unless some chevy dealer some where in the US had extra and never used them. I had to get one for the G6 I recently bought and had to get a key made and all they had were the ones with GM logo and they cut the key based on the Vin #.
I see. I may get a vin cut key just to have a fresh master to duplicate from. But dealer wants 85 which seems excessive when I had a 2001 Grand Am key (looks like the same key), vin cut a few years ago for like $40.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts