Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
**Amber **
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a new/used keyless entry for my 2005 g6 gt

it must have a button for remote start

please be reasonable with price if you have one for sale, or can you tell me where to buy one. I looked on ebay already but they were all like $60-95

also, my remote starter isnt working. when i try to use it i lock it and hold the button & the lights flash like its working but my car dosent turn on.

any solutions??

yes it is on inside my car
i got the keyless fix n that didnt change anything
yes i lock my car first

PLEASE HELP! the dealer wants $90 to say whats wrong then more to fix it n i dont have $200 to fix it

·
**Amber **
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amber,

If you need a new (or used) remote, try searching on eBay for the replacement part number, which is 22733524 and can be found on the back of your remote. I saw some there as cheap as $15. Keep in mind that you will have to have the dealership reprogram your car to work with the new and any existing remotes. You need to take them all in at the same time because when they do the programming it wipes out the memory for all the remotes it learned previously. Some dealers charge as much as $90 for the 5 minute service but some may do it free to earn your trust and future business. By the way, any GM dealer can perform this service for you, so if you have a Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, or GMC dealer other than the one you've been visiting in town, you might want to try them.

There are only a few things that will prevent the remote start from working.

1) Remote start is not enabled in the menu.
2) The Body Control Module is not programmed for remote start. This can be verified by looking at the sticker in your glove compartment that has all the three character codes on it. If AP3 is shown on the label it means you have remote start activated. AP8 means the car is set up to use remote start, but it is not enabled (the dealer can do this for a fee).
3) The hood is open, or the switch that detects the hood is open is not functioning or is misadjusted.
4) There is one or more fault codes that are active. This would usually cause the check engine light to come on.
5) The Low Fuel status is set.

Good luck!

~ MattInSoCal

2.) it worked all last year so would that still have an effect on my situation?

3.) what do i look for to check the hood sensor?? where is it?

5.) low fuel status set? whats that mean?

**sorry i don't know much about this stuff :(

thankyou SOOO much for the reply!!

·
**Amber **
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that means that it is most likely the switch that detects the hood is open, but the problem could also be in the Body Control Module. I'm betting on the hood switch.

It's behind the radiator and is part of the hood latch assembly.

There is a bar in the center of the front of the hood (on the inside). This bar goes into a slot in the hood latch. Near the lower part of this slot is where the switch is mounted. The switch has probably a plastic arm that is pushed down when the bar on the hood comes into contact with it. The best way to check it is open the hood and use an ohm meter and measure across the switch contacts when you press down on that lever. It's possible either the leer is broken of the switch has moved or even the latch is out of position a little bit.

I could probably take a couple dozen pictures to illustrate this but it would have to wait for the weekend.

The light on the dash telling you your car is thirsty is illuminated. Obviously that's not always the case - right? ;)

That's OK, it took me a lot of years and practice to learn it myself.

My pleasure.

~ MattInSoCal

haha im gonna have my dad take a look at ur last post & see if he can figure it out!

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.