Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· GTP 06
588 Posts
Painting the plastic is really hard to do. The paint doesn't want to stick to it well. any kind of oil or wax that is leached its way into the plastic will cause paint not to stick. Just make sure when you do it to get all the oils off first.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm im going to ask around my area to see how much they charge me.. what i am worried about is that the white isn't the car white, i don't even know what color it is exactly :confused:hopefully they can tell me...

· Registered
110 Posts
There should be a paint code inside your door jam. Like a letter and number.. You'll see it.

If you never painted before, good luck. It's a bee itch. I two-toned my last car and it took me 5days sanding and prep body work coating all that crap.

And its hard to sand plastic because it can mess up the material. Plastic's are durable and bend, so it's hard for paint to stick to them without cracking. So you acutally want to go to NAPA paint store or local paint shop and see if they have the flex paint.

They make a paint for plastic that bend like front bumpers and rear bumpers. Check it out. Just do a little more research on How-to's.

· Registered
159 Posts
painting isn't as difficult as a lot of people think. read up on it and you'll find all kinds of information and prepping ideas. the back of every spray paint can tells you how long to wait, what product to use to prep, what primer to use, the grit sandpaper you should use, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.