Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was wondering what everyone here suggests as a wheel bearing replacement and if possible where to get one. I would just go to auto zone and get one but after going through 3 on my gtp and several others on misc vehicles I am apprehension about getting a cheap parts store one on my wife's car. I normally buy from a speciality store for my gtp but there doesn't seem to be any of those for this car.

So any ideas on which wheel bearing to get? Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey everyone I was wondering what everyone here suggests as a wheel bearing replacement and if possible where to get one. I would just go to auto zone and get one but after going through 3 on my gtp and several others on misc vehicles I am apprehension about getting a cheap parts store one on my wife's car. I normally buy from a speciality store for my gtp but there doesn't seem to be any of those for this car.

So any ideas on which wheel bearing to get? Thanks a lot guys!
buy a timken bearing from amazon.. best bearing for the cheapest price :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
His suggestion is good. Or possibly a Napa brand wheel bearing. I own an alero and they are fond for the front hubs going out. 3.5 years ago I changed both fronts out to napa brand bearings and havent had an issue since.

·
Average Customizer
4 Posts
Wheel Bearing Replacement

I just replaced my wheel hub/bearing, axles, tie rods, lower control arms, brake rotors, pads, shocks, basically the whole front end. I checked prices and auto zone and then found autorock.com and bought everything from them. They give you options and you don't have to buy certain brands. I have bought GM parts from them as well. I think I paid about 70.00 for mine hub/bearing whereas autozone wanted twice that price and I shop a lot at autozone. You might check it out. It might help with the wallet. And my I say I have over 110,000 miles on it and the front end responds much much better. I planned on keeping it instead of trading so that is why I changed everything.:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you mean rockauto.com?

·
Registered
117 Posts
amazon beats rockauto usually on prices if your really thinking about that wallet.. and yes.. these cars ARE worth fixing to keep.. 157k and still strong

·
Registered
83 Posts
amazon beats rockauto usually on prices if your really thinking about that wallet.. and yes.. these cars ARE worth fixing to keep.. 157k and still strong
rockauto has some good deals, and some bad. but yeah amazon or ebay sometimes beat them. but they are a good place to get ac delco parts.

and 199,7xx miles here. :) waiting to hit 200k miles to add it in my sig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts