Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite after i leave the car off for 5-10 mins i go back to start and she wont turn over 4 like 10-12 cranks===has any one else had this problem...dealer tells me they have had this issue w\ several g6 models but they have no clue whut causes it....by the way i have the gtp coupe and love it, electric blue metalic 6m

·
Registered
86 Posts
sounds like either spark or fuel. did the dealership tell you that it is for sure a fuel problem? can you hear the fuel pump whine for a few seconds when the car is shut off and when you turn the key before trying to start it?

if it happens every time you turn off the vehicle you could test the coil, if it is good test a couple plugs. check for signal at the fuel pump. i dunno, if the mechanics can't seem to find the problem it probably won't be easy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said it was gonna be a company wide problem because the ny dealer ships keepm getting them in with the same problem

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had heard on the GTP that occassionally exhaust cases get caught in intake when engine is shut down which makes the next start more difficult. They have a new calibration for that which modifies the throttle operation on shutdown. Maybe that is what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully they call me soon because obviously a brand new car shouldent have problems like this other then that i just got out of a 95 civic into the gtp and im lovin life, it just sux that they have to wrk out the kinks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts