Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my 12" Rockford fosgate. I have 2 amps one is an Orion 2150 sx with 300 rms, and the other is a Performance teknique mono block amp with a max of 2000w which I have connected as of now but I understand that the Orion amp may be better. Does anyone have suggestions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
What kind of fosgate sub and what is the max wattage for it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Is it a dual voice coil? Better yet. What's the model number of the speaker?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I found the specs for the Performance Teknique amp: Clicky. However, I cannot find specs for the other one.

I would probably take it over the the Performance Teknique over the Orion simply because I know it will do more than 300Wrms. Without seeing the specs of the other one, I wouldn't know how low of a load the Orion is stable to.

However, knowing both the speaker rating, the number of voice coils and their rating(s) will greatly help determine for sure which amp to choose.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
On name alone I would go Orion. If that's a dual voice coil speaker you could wire the two coils in parallel and get some more power out if it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Id say go with Orion, much better brand and if your only trying to push 1 sub it should work fine. but you should also check how many ohms both amps can support and if your trying to go for the best performance id look on rockford fosgates website for their wiring diagram's to try and get your sub down to the lowest ohms possible

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eh as much as it pains me to say, I kinda fried my hu. I was switching out my amps to see which was better and forgot to disconnect the battery. so now I have to replace it. And hopefully not my speakers as well

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow you really ****ed that up ha, good thing HU arent that expensive. i blew out my EQ one time the same way, i thought i blew my subs, they made a loud thump noise and just gave out for a while lol

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts