Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm currently looking at buying two different g6's. so i figured i would come here for the experts opinions.
car 1) black 06 g6 gtp 6sp man 50000k miles salvaged title coming from a lot 100% fixed for 9000$ plus tax and titling
car 2)2008 g6 gxp white sun and fun kit on it or whatever package has the whale tail hood vents remote starter. this is is a front end crash and has 70000 miles on it. the car is coming from south dakota and i live in mn so there is a chance when i switch title to mn it comes back clean. the car is still damaged in the front so if i redid the car myself i could get Eagle eye head lights and all the little extras. prob be out of a car for another 3 weeks but might be worth it. i can buy this car for 4350. and get a entire front end if needed for 2000. plus 1000 for frame straightening and painting.

what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Personally I'd say option 1. Its already fixed, has less miles and its stick. Where was the damage on that one? Front end damage is harsh and the car will often never be right again.

But then again. You save some money on the gxp but you're without a car and it needs lotsa work.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Rims and remote start can always be added. I think WAMS can tune your BCM to add factory remote start, you'd then need a new remote and have that programmed. Or just install a separate unit.

I'm all about the 6spd. But a GXP can be nice too. I'm still leaning towards the 6spd... but that's just my opinion. Hopefully more people will chime in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would personally go with the first option. I would do anything to have that 6spd. And you wouldn't have any work to do. Just your mods to make it yours

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
option 1 is out i decided that i can get the gxp done for alot less and already have the after market headlights with hids installed hence saving more money over option one. and since i'm going to have to get a after market hood, because getting a used one is impossible unless i wanted one with out the scoops i will most likely be getting the one off of ebay to add even alittle more style. if you guys have ANY suggestions on which headlight/hid/after market hood/bumper cover/or grills to go with please chime in !~

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well at least you know what you want. Eagle eyes are the best ones to get for headlights, the spyders are garbage. But you probably knew that. DDMTuning sells quality HID kits, many users on here would agree with me on that. As for GXP bumper components, ask P Magic. Or check out his thread. He did a complete GXP bumper replacement on his car. Looks good too, there's a thread somewhere where he listed all the parts he needed and such.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree about ddm they are the best on the market. Next question where to get eagle eyes there is alot of options on ebay... Actually to many. And links are always appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Are you looking for black EE or chrome?

I just took a gander, and there are quite a few on ebay (also the best price I could find) I'm running the stock lights as I'm not a huge fan of the EE. I've heard some sellers seem to have better quality lights, as far as sealing goes and such. But I'm really not sure, do some searching in the forum on the Eagle Eyes. I'm sure you'll find some good info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts