Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put the Injen intake back on and have had some exhaust work done, and now I want to get the car dynoed. Theres a local speed shop 10 minutes away that has a load bearing dyno. They have a few options for their runs. I've never had a car dynoed, which one do I get?

http://visionsofspeed.net/dyno/

They have full tuning, 3 power pulls and 1/4 mile, or four 1/4 mile runs. Can they really tune the G6 that much or would that option be a waste of money? Thanks...........

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am pretty sure that nobody is equiped to tune a G6 as of right now. It is not quite the same programming as a GA, GP, or anything right now. I do know that DHP will be working on finding a way to reprogram the computer soon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smockonallama said:
I am pretty sure that nobody is equiped to tune a G6 as of right now. It is not quite the same programming as a GA, GP, or anything right now. I do know that DHP will be working on finding a way to reprogram the computer soon.
Thats what I thought. I always see :barf: Civics there. I'm probably going to have the 3 powers pulls done with the 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey, if we could find a way to get the moter to run cooler that would help out dont you think, I meen my moter runs at 200F my 2000 GA didint run at that timp.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Actually no... the temp needs to be in that range to run closed loop and properly combust. Lowering temps on newer engines is counterproductive most of the time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Actually no... the temp needs to be in that range to run closed loop and properly combust. Lowering temps on newer engines is counterproductive most of the time.
umm you always want a cooler motor to prevent detonation. Grated newer engine need to be warmed up to run closed loop it’s not in the 200 range, with a 180 degree T-stat the engine ran around 190 in my Grand Am. I can’t remember the exact coolant temperature it needed to be to execute closed loop..

·
Registered
532 Posts
That would be true if this was a high performance engine running 93 octane and spark advances high enough to cause detonation. Unless you are modded and messing with the PCM I don't forsee a lower thermostat doing anything but screwing up when your fans kick on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts