Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the K&N website, they list 2 different ones. I went to AutoZone, they asked for the OEM filter number. I called K&N, they didn't know. I consulted the manual, it wasn't there. The dealer is closed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K&N lists 2 different ones for the 4 cyl. Waterfowler showed me they're different dimensions.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Just measure the filter in your car and chose what matches. I'd measure mine but its packed away in a show covered shed about 40 miles away right now haha
I think older 4 bangers might have had a smaller filter. But I just dont know.
I just remembered the filter in my box is still the factory original ha

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was 33-2296
My measurements were off by .25-.5 in. so I had to call the dealer to get the OEM number so I could match it up. Now to find an AutoZone that actually carries it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After market intakes...

I hope everyone knows that its 100% tested that these don't Help any aspect of performance, only add nice rev notes.. your really wasting money :/ just saying.. I would go spend my money on Chips, turbo, or superchargers..

It was found on some cases that the after market intake make the HP go down!

Look it up and watch.. its dyno tested. :p

Though the just a Filter as you wanted will be the best choose... but honestly your not going to notice anything.. just buy the cheap and replace them and your good.. there only 5-10 bucks. I learned long ago you're just going to lose your money.. and you don't wanna feel ****ed over!! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts