• Goodyear Assurance TripleTred

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Michelin HydroEdge

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Definately do the triple tred...700 treadwear rating, and deep channels are excellent. Have a freind with them on his 01 GAGT and they work excellent in dry/wet/snowy weather. Wish they'd make them in larger sizes (I would put them on my GTP)

·
Registered
220 Posts
MHadden said:
Definately do the triple tred...700 treadwear rating, and deep channels are excellent. Have a freind with them on his 01 GAGT and they work excellent in dry/wet/snowy weather. Wish they'd make them in larger sizes (I would put them on my GTP)
How do they corner? Do they have hard sidewalls? I hate the squishy sidewall feeling when cornering, escepially with the stock Uniroyals. Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They are pretty firm. I don't own them personally, but when I drive my friends GAGT with them, they are awesome. They are pretty stiff and don't give way in corners (and I usually take corners pretty fast...usually almost 2 times the recommended speed :D )

·
Registered
279 Posts
MHadden - I hate to ask this now but what tires did you order for your vehicle? I don't know if it is covered in your signature list of options or not?

The GTP has 2 types of 18 inch tire available. They are the same size P225/50R18 but the standard version is a varient of the Goodyear Eagle LS but the other is ID'd as Summer-Only performance - I am not sure who makes that one (Bridgestone?)

·
Registered
197 Posts
e2helper said:
MHadden - I hate to ask this now but what tires did you order for your vehicle? I don't know if it is covered in your signature list of options or not?

The GTP has 2 types of 18 inch tire available. They are the same size P225/50R18 but the standard version is a varient of the Goodyear Eagle LS but the other is ID'd as Summer-Only performance - I am not sure who makes that one (Bridgestone?)
I ordered the standard, all-season Goodyears LS2's...I can't afford to have dedicated winter tires. The "summer-only" tires are indeed the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's. People will probably be disappointed with them considering they are only a whoping 140 AA tread...that's almost on par with a racing tire...sad.

As I posted somewhere else, these 2 tires are the ONLY tires I can find to fit the OEM specs. I'm sure someone who is an expert at tire sizing can make them a little wider while having the same RPMile. That would certianly open up some different brands/models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts