1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM Strut Tower Brace?

OR

Racingline Strut Brace?

Also, were would I get this strut bar? Would I be able to get the GM strut bar at the dealership?

I just want people opinions on this topic. I want to get the best. I've seen some that utilize 2 screws on each strut and the raceingline one uses all 4 on the strut on each side. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You can try gmpartsdirect.. I heard the racingline is on back order but may be cheaper.

I dont have one but have heard great things about the racingline, not sure on a factory gm one..

JT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
google is a interesting tool. I'm a IT Director smarty-pants! ... I'm asking for advice from other that have done this themselves... G6 owner advice can't be googled... smart one :p

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Well, unlike headlights I don't think you'll get too many "so-and-so's STB is great but this-n-that's STB sucks!". I mean, as long as it fits the car you just bolt it on and go (faster around curves :D). Actually there were some brands that had hood clearance issues but AFAIK both of your choices are OK in that regard. So I guess price out what's best for you and git er done!

·
Registered
208 Posts
google is a interesting tool. I'm a IT Director smarty-pants! ... I'm asking for advice from other that have done this themselves... G6 owner advice can't be googled... smart one :p
Actually, quite often when I am searching for info on the G6, the first few hits on google are links to threads on this site.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just got my racingline used from a member here and I like it. It had a hole pre-stamped for the power steering ground post (also believe that post is also used if you have a manual for the clutch fluid tank) so I didn't have to grind anything off. Install was simple too.

Now as for it's effectiveness, it does help, but will not let you take clover leaf on/off ramps much faster than before. Meaning, you won't be adding crazy MPH to that turn, though it does feel more solid at the same speeds from compared to without the bar.

Regarding getting the one over the other... I don't think it'll matter. On my GTO, GM put a factory STB on the car and I replaced it with one from BMR fabrication that was 4 times as thick. It was painted to match and looked mean as hell, but did not offer any more stability over the stocker. So I think that regardless of the one you go with, it'll offer similar performance. Now, if the racingline was adjustable like the ones I had in my Grand Am, then that would be a different story ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts