Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your car scoff & laugh @ your attempts to bring out some shine? I've put on 4 coats of Zaino so far and, while I understand that light colors don't show off as dramatically as dark ones, it's ridiculous how little this thing shines. For comparision I only need to check out my upstairs neighbor's "regular" white G6 parked about 10 feet away. He's waxed it, oh, approx. NEVER and it shines & reflects tons better than mine :banghead: Sorry I didn't get a comparison pic but trust me, it's far more impressive.

Here's what I've got (granted the sun has already gone down below the buildings so the light isn't the greatest, but still...)

I'm in there somewhere, gamely giving an undeserved thumbs up

Oh well, at least the wheels are nice & shiny :D

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Pearlized paint is different. Instead of reflective it glimmers.

Its a unique look that is awesome. Put both yours an his in a lot somewhere
and yours will shine more than his. It may not reflect light the same way
but I guarantee you yours is a more expensive process AND looks better.

I saw one yesterday. A white vert like yours. I initially thought "OH NOOOO....Droptop found me!!!!".....

I almost parked next to it take a pix but I was in a hurry.

Dont be fooled. Yours is nicer and you cant compare.
Have you ever thought about your red wheel darts?
I think white inlays are in order.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
From a detailer's perspective, your car looks like a pearl you'd find on a rope with other pearls around the neck of some scantily clad model wearing a thong and animal fur.

Your car looks as it should, as Lampoon said, unique to the luster of its finish.

If you want to help accent that hard, crystal shimmer (much different than the deep wet of traditional finishes) I would suggest a synthetic sealant as opposed to a carnauba based wax. The other plus to this is that the synthetic sealant will last longer and is many times easier to apply and remove than traditional waxes.

If you still prefer the carnauba look, it will go on right over top of a 24-48 hour cured synthetic sealant and give that deep, wet shine. DO NOT use a cleaner wax...just a carnauba with no detergents, cleaners, or perfumes. Also...how long did you let your own coats of wax cure in between coats?

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info and the uh, analogy :eek:

Lampoon - you seeing a car looking like mine but not me isn't an overly big deal; if I were to see a car like yours though :eek::confused:

weapon - I know Zaino says they're different than carnuba wax but I don't know the exact formula. I'll check their site if they have any specific products for pearl coats. I've been using the Z-2PRO and did one coat about 4 weeks ago, a second coat last week, and two more yesterday :cool:

Thanks again for the info & encouragement. BTW it did look pretty darned good, if not reflective, in the Shop Rite parking lot last night right under the lights :bravo:

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a sweet car. Though that color may not shine like the dark colors it always catches my eye on a sunny day. Especially when they are clean.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I like the tricoat but i would rather have a shinny paint job. If i had the money i would paint the lower half of the car the pearl tricoat and the top half white (match the color with the tricoat cuz it looks a tad darker). Kinda like a two tone deal.

But the tricoat sure is pretty. Looks luxurious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts