Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new iPod, and started to use my Aux audio port. As soon as I plug a cord into the port, I can hear white noise from my speakers. When I put the cord into the iPod the noise does not change at all, so I don't think it's the iPod. It's not buzzing, just general low white noise. If I switch to XM radio the white noise goes away immediately. So I was hoping for some advice.

For those that also use iPods/mp3 players in their car, is there a white noise sort of noise as soon as you switch to aux and plug in a cord, regardless of whether your ipod is plugged in or not? I would think it should be completely silent except for any music I play.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i'm not exactly sure what white noise is but you shouldn't turn your ipod all the way up ... try playing with the volume of your ipod ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The iPod does not even have to be connected for the noise to happen. An example of white noise is here (you may want to turn your speakers down before clicking) http://www.iserenity.com/whitenoise/whitenoise.htm It's not quite that loud, but it is definitely noticeable, especially at lower volumes.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, have you experienced anything similar with your G6?

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah ok ... now i get it ... i do experience white noise but it's because i use a fm trasmitter ... my car doesn't have a aux plug sooooo ... sorry bud ... don't know how to help you :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
daygon, if you flip on xm, or even just normal radio, and then turn the volume all the way to the lowest setting (which is, essentially mute), can you still hear it? As you move the volume up even to where you can hear music or whatever from your radio can you still hear that?

I really appreciate the help; since I was told today that it was a normal amount of noise (though they did offer to look at it) thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to hear from anyone else as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
when the player is plugged in and the volume is at the lowest setting i can't hear anything because i'm using a radio wave to listen to my mp3 player (FM 88.1) ... so when i turn the volume up on the cd player without playing the music then i can hear slightly it but it gets muffled by the music when i play it ... meaning nothing is in the way of me enjoying the music ...

does it bother you when you play music? does it go away if you mute the CD player?

because there should be some white noise on a very low level but nothing that's loud and annoying ... i mean if it's not loud then you probably have nothing to worry about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts