Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

I got a gt coupe. I listen to techno/trance so there is heavy bass. Everytime i put the volume up, theres a wierd sound from the back speakers. I found out that the whole back part is kinda loose. When the volume iss high, the break light is loose and keeps vibrating/hitting the glass which gives the sound. Anyone has had this problem, and any solutions?? I put some foam to emit any vibrations between the break light and the glass. But the sound still exists. There must be another way though.
Also, how many watts are in the monsoon system on a 2006 g6 gt coupe??
Greatly appreciated

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
thanks lampoon,

but any1 knows a solution to the whole vibration issue?
I had the same issue, sounds like rattling when the bass is high... During the warranty, they would replace the speakers and it would be ok again for a little while, once the warranty was up, I decided to purchase aftermarket speakers and it hasn't come back since... I am guessing it's just the cheap garbage GM puts in the vehicles.. if you are under warranty, I suggest getting them replaced, if not... you should get some good quality after market ones and the problem will be solved...

it's the cheap speakers GM supplies..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot,

i thought it was the whole back part (the carpet thing) that was loose, didnt occur to be that the speakers were the problem. thanks.. i noticed you were in toronto, i live there too. where did u get ur speakers from? what kind, and how much did they cost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts