Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legendary Warrior
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 53000 miles on my G6 and there is this noise that barely started, when I'm driving like around 25 and I let go of the accelerator I can here like a buzzing. It continues even if I press on the accelerator, it seems as if it is coming from the front. It sounds kind of like a remot control car, you know how they make like a sound every time they are being controlled, well that is the sound that my G6 is making any ideas?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have a similar problem ... if i roll the windows down and i'm going about 35 - 40 mph when i accelerate it make a screeching noise ... but it's too quite to figure out what it is ...

my guess is that it could be on of the pumps ...

test and see if it still does that when you have AC on or off

·
Legendary Warrior
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it'll do it if the the A.C. is on or off it doesn't really make a difference. I am wondering what it is...I mean it doesn't really bother me, but it makes me think that it could become something worse, so if anybody knows. Please tell us what it could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My G6 has a "hissing" dealer said it has to do with the exhaust and the cad converter, waiting for parts then its back in on the warrenty It is an 07 g6 conv.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a similar problem that occurs on hiways and any time I'm above 50 MPH. I heard the noise the first time when I went to the OBX, It was almost like the car was revving to high. I looked at the Tach and it was fine. I'm going to take it today to have it and a couple other things figured out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts