Pontiac G6 Forum banner

will a 08 g5 radio fit in my g6?

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  nick904_ 
#1 ·
hey all, first post.. just acquired a 2006 pontiac g6 coupe with the monsoon system.. trying to find the best way to hook up an ipod to it.. via aux or ipod dock i don't really care..

can't really find a 2008 g6 radio (anyone know where I could get one? ebay? junkyard?)..found a 2008 g5 radio though that was similiar to my last saturn aura's.. i really liked that radio..

will it work?

thanks in advance

#4 ·
G5 radio wont work. 08-09 G6 radio will. You will need it to be programmed at your dealership through their Tech2 though. Thats an extra $0-$80 depending on what they charge. They all charge different for that too so shop around.

I have an 08 radio in my 05. If you really cant find one anywhere I have one I can let go for $100 plus shipping. I really dont wanna sell it though. I got it in a trade.

Best bet is prolly eBay....

#6 ·
I have a 2006 G6 GT with the Monsoon system and it doesn't have the aux port. Will a 2008 G6 radio fit?
....the answer is in the post right above yours

08-09 G6 radio will. You will need it to be programmed at your dealership through their Tech2 though. Thats an extra $0-$80 depending on what they charge. They all charge different for that too so shop around.

:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.