Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any on their G6? If you do, how well do they work at reducing noise? I know the sunroof has a popup wind deflector but does anyone have one up there?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well, us '05 normal sunroof owners do not have a pop up deflector,we were provided a giant plastic one that clips on to the sunroof. It looks ugly as hell but it works pretty nicely. I take it off when its cold out and only have it on when its warm enough to use the sunroof because it looks so bad. I would never put deflectors on my side windows, I think they make any car look tacky.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the deflectors can definitely look bad, but not all do. I was just wondering how much of a difference they make (if anyone actually has them) and then maybe some pics could get posted.

While I know the car will definitely look better without them I'd be willing to get some if they drastically lowered noise from the wind and didn't hurt the looks too much.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
Well, us '05 normal sunroof owners do not have a pop up deflector,we were provided a giant plastic one that clips on to the sunroof. It looks ugly as hell but it works pretty nicely. I take it off when its cold out and only have it on when its warm enough to use the sunroof because it looks so bad. I would never put deflectors on my side windows, I think they make any car look tacky.
Provided? You mean the car should come with it??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I keep hearing about alot of wind noise on the G6's, but I have an 07 sedan model with sunroof, and with the windows closed, I barely hear anything. On the wind deflectors for the windows, I posted on here that I couldn't get 2 pairs orders from Advance to work. They keep getting stuck on the widow while rolling up. Those were the in-channel, I hate the way the other ones look, (the ones that ctick on the painted surface of the door.) I think I need to call the company and talk to them directly and see what they say.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have side deflectors on my Durango. If I had to buy some for the G6, I'd get WeatherTech ones, as they don't adhere above the window, but rather slide inside the window track. They're pretty slick!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 08, sedan, GXP with the side window, in-channel wind deflectors and I love them. I do not have any problem when rolling up the window and no noise with them in. I think they make the car look even sleeker but then I also have all the rear windows tinted so they really blend in nicely. If you want pics, let me know or if you have any other questions as well.

Scott

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
When I get some extra cash I plan to install the hood deflector, sunroof deflector and add mud guards.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Thats allot of deflecting.
I hear if you have all 3 of those that you are also invisible to radar....

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea, i emailed ventvisor company and they told me that in in-channel ones have to go underneath the center metal widow posts between the front and rear windows. that way the windows wont hit as they roll up. wondering if they are hard to stuff under the metal trim.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I fricken wish!
In Livingston Parish Louisiana it cost $200 to drive 82MPH in a 70MPH zone.:mad:
I gotta ask, but what's the rush?! Speed limits on highways here are 62mph, or 100km/h. I rarely go above 68mph if traffic is moving at a good clip, but generally I'll set the cruise at 64mph (105km/h). I know they have a highway in Texas rated at 80mph limit, but that's nuts. Time and time again, North Americans are too proud to adhere to speed limits, which is why we'll NEVER get an Autobahn.

Still, $200 seems a bit steep for only 12mph over. I went 6mph over in my transport truck going through Painsville, OH a few years ago. The butchy woman cop was quite pleasing to talk to, but once I asked why she pulled me over and not the trucks that were passing me, she said that she didn't like driving that fast, LOL. Work paid for it ($70?), so it wasn't a bother.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thats allot of deflecting.
I hear if you have all 3 of those that you are also invisible to radar....
Only if you have the graphite exterior colour!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have side window deflectors for a coupe?
I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of coupes with side window deflectors.

How do the windows clear the visor when opening and closing the doors?

Is there some sort of indexing feature for the auto rolldown/door open feature on the coupe windows?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts