Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2007 3.9 convertible, everything works normally on my windows except the driver's window does not rise high enough to fully seat into the weather stripping, so the car is noisy at highway speeds. It only needs another 1/4" or 3/8". I'd guess there is a limit switch, or a stop, or something like that in need of adjustment. Attached is a photo of what looks like the area where a fix could be made. Before I start messing around I am posting to ask if anyone can tell me what exactly needs to be done to allow the window to raise that little extra bit.
Hood Circuit component Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Cable

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, never mind, I figured it out. The 13 mm nut is a clamp. I loosened that and was able to raise the glass as needed, then tighten the bolt, and the glass rises all the way and seats fully into the weatherstripping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, Boomer. I have used the window indexing procedure before, and when I did, I was mighty happy that I had joined this forum and thereby learned there was such a thing. I don't remember the details, but I think maybe I replaced the battery, and after that the windows went up only half way. If I hadn't learned about the indexing procedure I would have been tearing my hair out. But I think today's concern is not an indexing matter. As shown in the photo, the 13mm nut/clamp is in a slot that allows for adjustment, and it was at the low end of the range. I suppose over time it had just slipped. Adjusting it closer to the middle of the range solved the problem by raising the glass about 3/8" inch so when closing it it fully seats into the weatherstripping at the top side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts