Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok soo does anyone know of a good window cleaning product ive just about tried everything on the market an still havent found a really good streak free product or maybe home made soloutiones too an i have tried the vinegar an news paper idea worked not to bad just left a bad smell after lol :doh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool thnx not sure if ive tried that yet but ill give it a shot i also smoke so i think thats why im having a hard time getting the streaks off my windows espically the windsheild but ill try that windex an see thnxx :cheers:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Windex cleans everything. I also use Invisible Glass and paper towels works well for me, but just my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
stoners invisble glass works wonders when used with a microfiber, another good one is turtle was ice synthetic glass cleaner... love em both. but whatever it is, microfiber is a must.

·
[IMG]http://i728.photobuc
132 Posts
totally agree I use microfiber towels for everything, I will never go back to terry cloths again. invisble glass is the bomb! but again make sure you use a clean microfiber towel!

·
Registered
71 Posts
A. If you have tinted windows, no ammonia! On the inside..

B. Rainx - It is basically a 2-in-1.. Helps your windows during the rain and cleans them.

C. Old school baby, soap n water! Then dry it with a lent free cloth.. It works especially good for the inside.. The sprays are too awkward and too sloppy and streaking is VERY common. Water doesn't streak :)

*EDIT*

B. When you use rainx, you are protecting them from future rain and the immediate streaking or water spots.

I worded the first one wrong.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
Any non-ammonia glass cleaner or, as mentioned above, soap and water, though a worse chance with that last method to leave waterspots on a hot day if you're cleaning the windows and do not have a garage.

Two towels. One to use the cleaner, one dry to follow up and gently buff off any streaks.

RainX was a product I used for several months until I got complaints of a "haze" on the windshield. I started noticing as I got busier in the summer and didn't have as much time to devote to my car that I also began to develop an odd kind of hazy film on all surfaces that had been treated with RainX. Man did it take some fricken work to get that stuff off. Now, the same effect with your windows can be had by applying the wax you're using (doesn't last as long) or whatever paint sealant/glaze you are using (lasts a bit longer than carnauba).

·
Registered
71 Posts
RainX was a product I used for several months until I got complaints of a "haze" on the windshield.
Agreed. I washed my car last night so I could apply the decals. And with the sun almost directly above my car, a haze was definitely visible. Also remember don't get discouraged when you wash your car in the sun, because you will NEVER get every spot or every streak off..

In an ideal world you give it a bath outside then detail it inside but not all of us have functional garages :(

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
You'll either need a water treatment device or wash early morning/ late evening when there is no direct sunlight.

Also remember to rinse with an OPEN hose (no nozzle or sprayer attached) and this will nearly eliminate the water spots.

·
Registered
53 Posts
RainX was a product I used for several months until I got complaints of a "haze" on the windshield.
i use to go threw the auto washes at holiday.... if you get the one with the rainex sealent or whatever, it will give your whole care that haze.... that was a pain in the ass to get off... needless to say i wash it myself now that its above 32 degrees in MN...

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
i use to go threw the auto washes at holiday.... if you get the one with the rainex sealent or whatever, it will give your whole care that haze.... that was a pain in the ass to get off... needless to say i wash it myself now that its above 32 degrees in MN...
The brushless I go through that has Rain-x never gave me that problem. It could be something to do with the outside temperature. Did you try it again after it got warmer out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The brushless I go through that has Rain-x never gave me that problem. It could be something to do with the outside temperature. Did you try it again after it got warmer out?
not once it was "hot" out... once it hit like 55, and was warm enuff to wash in the driveway, thats when i stoped. on the windshield you could really tell in the sun... it had like a waxy film on it...

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
not once it was "hot" out... once it hit like 55, and was warm enuff to wash in the driveway, thats when i stoped. on the windshield you could really tell in the sun... it had like a waxy film on it...
When I used the original rain-x on my windshield I had the haze right after I put it on. I cleaned it off with windex and it really hasn't been an issue since. I haven't used it on there fore a while though and last time I applied it was early April.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
RainX is applied by wiping it on, letting it "dry" to a haze and then scrubbing the living hell out of it until the windshield appears clear. There is still a layer of RainX on the windshield and this is what repels water.

After time in the sun and air the layer of RainX that repels water so effectively finally breaks down and becomes hazy...and is an absolute SOB to get off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts