Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why this could be happening? The feature where the window drops down about an inch so that when you close the door there is no pressure works but doesn't seal automatically when door is closed. What could be causing this?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Your door switch is probably going bad. I have had this problem with my coupe. The first time it happened was about the time I was having battery problems, so I replaced it. While doing so the body control module (computer) must have reset because the window resumed proper opperation. I recently started having this same problem again until the window would not roll up, so I disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes and then reconnected. I was able to wind the window all the way back up and it stays up while opening and closeing the door, with no clearance issues, and I can roll it up and down. This is a temporary fix until I replace the door latch that contains the door ajar sensor. This should help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My G6 does this everytime any of the wiring is messed with and also if my battery goes dead. Turn the ignition on, shut both doors, and roll both windows all the way down at the same time. Leave them down about 5 seconds and roll them both up at the same time... I'm assuming you have a Coupe... This should reset the window motor and cause them to work properly again. Hope this helped!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
happens in the coupes when you disconnect the power.

search how to relearn the window indexing. i think there is an actual method...ive had it happen a few times when i mess around with shit

i just open and close the door and move window all the way up and down a few times, here n there then it works.

it just needs to relearn the indexing space / length of window or w.e

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you lock and unlock your car a couple times (start your car helps) it will reset itself and the windows will start closing normally ... ive had that problem after disconnecting the battery a couple times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.