Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am having some trouble with my '08 g6 gxp 2 Dr
The Passenger door window sometimes indexes properly when the door opens and closes, and most of the time doesnt. Sometimes when the door is open, the window will drop, go up, drop and go up on its on while someone is getting in or out of the car. Other times it does nothing. The dome light also won't work (on when door opens) when the window is acting up. I have attempted to clean the contacts with can air and lubricant because I assume the switch is in the door latch. It has not produced better results. I am assuming it is the door ajar switch.

Has anyone had issues with this, because I haven't seen it on any forum. The door ajar warning never has been displayed, the only issue is the window and dome light not working properly all the time when the door opens and closes. Any forum I have seen shows people having the door ajar alarm issues, but nothing with the window. So before I tear the door apart, I wanted to see if anyone has run across this.
Thanks

· Registered
351 Posts
Zenish, I believe the logic circuitry for the window indexing is in the window switch itself. When the window is indexed, it remembers it's position of the index (4mm) related to the full travel of the window and I believe triggers the index from a signal sent from the dome light switch in the door jamb. (The window indexes as the door is opened rather than when the handle is moved.). Of course the convertible switches are unique and different from even the coupes. I may be completely off base as the diagrams are pretty cryptic, but I think I'm close. And of course if I ever see a convertible in a Pull-N-Save yard the windows switches will go on my list of parts to bag if they're still there. (Wish I could have a whole parts car.) - Mark

· Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT coupe 3.5L V6
31 Posts
having the same issues with my 2007 Pontiac G6 GT , I recently took my car to a carwash where they had air hoses. I hoses both door trims to dry them after the wash. Drying with air. I noticed a few days later my window indexing working again. It worked for about 2 weeks total and just stopped again. I noticed it stopped again when I washed my car the other day on a very cold day. I dried off the car and door trims (inside door) but with a rag and not the air gun. My brake lights are still working though and that was another issue I use to have. Hope that somewhat helps.... But I personally feel like it's a body control module issue (electrical) the car just needs special kind of loving......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts