Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some nice 3/4" pin striping from a body shop friend of mine.

Its professional grade 2 mil. cast vinyl.

Scissor,razor blade and patience is all thats needed.

Now keep in mind it has been raining here off and on for 3 days so she isnt as buff as normal. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

It passed the Mrs Test. She thought I removed the Chrome. :D

Now for the durability testing.

I will update this in 6 years and tell you how its working. :cool:

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
pooners if i send you some money you gonna send me some of that trim so i can do my doors all black and red lights white strobes :) cant wait till i think that im done modding cause i always think of something else cost $$$ to do all this not that i dont have it but when i dont have the car anymore :( all gone

what about seeing about a sticker for my car g6performance.com? you talk to them and have them send me one?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
ok i will

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone thought of this in reverse?

Alright when i read this it actually gave me an idea. The sedan got the nice chrome treatment, and the coupes apparently didn't. Well i kinda think i would like the chrome on my coupe, as it would go good with chrome rims and door handles. I have a friend who owns company that does signage/vinyl for signs and buildings and i'm curious as to how it would look using chrome vinyl to over lay it just as you have done with the black. The only thing that scares me is according to what he has told me in the past is that the chrome vinyl is always a bit thinner than most colored. My second fear is how to go about it, just do the bottom or entire trim around doors? I was just curious what everyone else's opinions might be on this.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me start by saying that Your asking people in a thread who want to get rid of the chrome. So with that in mind I dont recommend it....at all.

He is right. It is thinnner. I have chrome dart overlays and they are already wearing on the edges after 1 year. It should last about 8 years or so easy.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
im going black!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
prob but im not at home in kansas for work so im going to make a trip down there cause there is alot of stuff for my car down there that i need to pick up and give me something to do while im here i cant wait to put it on tho

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks great!!! That chrome stripper has always annoyed me. I tried putting an upper chrome window trim strip that I got off e-bay on to make look a little less out of place but it stuck out like 1/2 an inch and looked really cheap so I took it off. I think I'll give that a try.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Got mine just got to get some time to put it on!!!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
lol rims all over with chrome and door handles and bumpers and everything else i bet!

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine is fine except for one small part where it looks like someone took their fingernail to it.

Like someone saw my car and said hey.....whats this? then picked at it. Sooo other than vandals mine is just fine.

How is everyone elses holding up?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.