Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. id like to know everyoines opinion. what would be the nicest % of windows tint on a black 2008 pontiac g6 sedan? give me your opinion. ill see later on about the pronvincial laws.

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
20%

· Registered
1,420 Posts
i think the look of 20% front 5% rear is the best. However, here is Quebecs tint law:

"Quebec - For the driver’s compartment, right and left, the minimum Visible Light Transmittance is 70% on automotive net basis. Any film may be installed behind the driver’s compartment, provided the vehicle is outfitted with 2 exterior rear view mirrors."

So the most you can have and still be legal for the front is 70% the rear can be anything though.

· Registered
237 Posts
I think I'm going with limo 5% back and 15% front and brow. I want limo all around but I think visibility at night would an issue. I don't care about laws for tint or mods, I use my own judgement on what is or isn't a safety issue.

Ontario is 35% but it's not enforced. The tint laws are going under legislation next year from what the tint shop said. They could rule that anyone with less than 35% has to remove it. Nobody knows yet what the laws will be and if they'll actually be enforced...

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
I like uniformity, so I would go the same tint all around.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coool thanks alot guys :) ill try go with limo for rear and 70% light allowance to front

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.