Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20200419_072615.jpg
so I had my windshield replaced by Safelite. And as I was inspecting the finished job I noticed this gap shown in the picture of the lower rubber seal now my question is does piece normally have a gap on either side or is it supposed to span across the the whole windshield because the installer claims it was like this and I can't remember if it was but I don't think it was...so can someone let me know or possible to post a picture of how yours look so I have proof to show Safelite???? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your missing a piece of that strip . It should extend all the way across the bottom of the windshield.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Someone had replaced the windshield on my car in its past life and had dislodged this rubber strip in more than one place along the width of the dash. It's not accessible unless the glass is removed so I pulled it out entirely and plan to replace it if the windshield is replaced again. I've not noticed any side effects of it not being in place. - Mark

·
Registered
316 Posts
My windscreen is definitely original.
The lower molding is a reveal, not meant to seal, but more to cover up an unsightly gap. I had a one sided because it shrank over time. I grabbed the reveal and moved it over to pretty things up. I suppose if yours shrank to much, you get another from the recycle yard, cut both so the split line in the middle.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts