Pontiac G6 Forum banner
41 - 41 of 41 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Wiper mark

I have some new information. As I had said, I applied No Touch to my windshield. Yesterday was the first significant rain in a while and as I was driving home from work, after about 15-20 minutes, the mark started to reappear and get darker. I was using the wipers in the maximum intermittent position. I sped up the wipers to the max continuous speed, which was really too fast, but I noticed the mark started to disappear. I reduced the speed to the slower non-intermittent setting and by the time I got home (about another 15 minutes later), the mark was virtually gone.

I generally always use my wipers in intermittent mode and rarely use the 2 other settings. There is no dobut that the mark came back in the intermittent mode and disappeared in the continuous mode.

Usually, if I spray a window cleaner on my windshield, the mark becomes instantly obvious. This morning, I sprayed and it was barely noticeable. Usually, I have to use a lot of elbow grease to remove the mark but this morning, a light rub with the rag removed it.

I will keep you updated as I get more information.

David

41 - 41 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.