Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a G6 GTP Coupe and need to replace windshield wiper blades....Can I really only buy them from a Dealership? My Dealer is charging me like $50!

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
You do not have to buy the wiper blades at your dealer. Several companies make the parts now. Check your local auto parts store. Bosch, Valero and Trico have our applications.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Advance Auto Parts stocks two models of Trico blades for the G6. Exact Fit and Neo Form. Does anyone have any experience with either of these ? The Exact Fits are $10.88 and $9.24 ( drivers/pass ) and the Neo Forms are $ 17.77 and $ 16.96. Sure beats the $29 ea the dealer wants. The driver's side part # is 24-13 and the pass side is 21-13.

Thanks, Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do the Bosch and Trico blades fit without modification of the wiper arm? I'd really like to find blades that fit like the originals, but don't want to pay dealership prices!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually like these new types of wiper arms (pinch). They make it much easier to take the wiper on and off but there's no worry that the wiper will fly off.
I bought the Trico Neoform blades from Advanced Auto Parts and they work great. Infact I think they are even better than OEM blades. These blades were definitely worth the money. They are all season blades.

The price quoted above is correct. $16.96 for the passenger blade and $17.77 for the drivers side. Obviously the drivers side is more because it is 3 inches longer.

Also don't worry that the Manual for the G6 says 24 inches for the driver and 21.2 inches for the passenger like I did. The .2 does not make a difference and 21 inches works just fine.

The parts #'s are actually,
Driver Side: 162413
Passenger Side: 162113

What I did was pay for them online thru partsamerica.com (advace auto parts) and chose to pick them up at the store. They were ready when I got there.

I've never tried the Exact Fit blades. In my opinion being able to see in a rain storm is worth the extra money. Also the Exact Fit blades are not good for ice/snow. Since the blade itself is not one solid until like the Neoform, then it will definitely get ice buildup and not work very well.
lol the Neoform even has a spoiler to help with wind!
:D
I really was impressed with the blades....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wish I would have just ordered the Trico Neoforms instead of the Exactfits. They sit really high up as compared to the originals, and tend to " click " when the windshield is not very wet. Not the best at the " elevated " speeds I travel at either. When I think that I got over 50,000 miles from the originals, maybe in the long run the high priced originals might be the better deal....depends on how long the aftermarket ones last.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought the Trico Neoforms tonight finally. (Have needed new blades for awhile)
It was still painful to pluck down for overpriced blades, but at least I'm not buying at OEM prices.

It was about $36 or so for the pair. I'll see how they work. Purchased at Advanced Auto Parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:) Glad this forum is here....I bought some cheapo blades at the Dollar Store, just to get home to find they wouldn't work. I should of checked here first.

So, I went with the Bosch Evolution from O'reilly's. they fit perfect, just like the OEM. Only $35 for the set. I would highly recommend them. No drag and fit low and snug on the window.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I used those RainX Latitude wipers and i have to say i was impressed only because i wiped nicely...where it touched the window! They dont adhere or press fully to the windshield so i wasted $40 on wipers that only wiped half the window!!!!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
I used those RainX Latitude wipers and i have to say i was impressed only because i wiped nicely...where it touched the window! They dont adhere or press fully to the windshield so i wasted $40 on wipers that only wiped half the window!!!!
I hate when that happens lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
More On Trico For G6

I see a lot of talk about Trico NeoForms for the G6. This is an older thread so I thought I'd update it. Trico NeoForms go for about 14.88-15.88 online now and Trico actually is running a $5-$20 rebate on them through 11/30/2009. A lot of our customers are snapping them up now because of the new, lower price and the rebate.

There is also a brand new beam blade by Trico that is available for the G6. Its called the Trico Tech Beam Blade with the new SWIFT mounting system. I noticed a comment or two above about wiper arms sitting higher. Where the NeoForm improves arm height over the Trico Exact Fit (or Trico Conventional) the new Trico Tech improves arm height even more than the NeoForm since the mounting system is off to the side a bit and lowered onto the blade. Here is a picture & product info:

These are so new that I haven't had a chance to test them much and I haven't received a lot of customer feedback but I will tell you they are BEEFY and really pass the eyeball/touch & feel test. I'm sure they're going to be great.

Hope this helps you G6 owners out there!!

Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
NeoForms

FYI - The Trico NeoForms have a $15 rebate through 5/15/2010 so if you like them, now's the time. I love mine. Got the online.

:beer:

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Well, since the thread got revived, spam or no spam, and there may be others looking through it as the rain returns for the fall, let me echo jamestg6gt07's comments by saying the Rain-X Latitudes are a complete waste of money for the G6! I had to take the one off my driver's side because IT WAS COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE at removing water from right in front of me at highway speeds! I literally could not see the road in front of me, mostly due to the crappy adapter setup. The driver's side wiper rides high at the pivot point, and does not wipe away the stream of water that is left at the end of travel for the passenger's wiper (which ends pretty much in the driver's sight line).

Really, a $5 pair of wipers would do a better job in my estimation. I should have taken them back for a refund but I waited too long.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, since the thread got revived, spam or no spam, and there may be others looking through it as the rain returns for the fall, let me echo jamestg6gt07's comments by saying the Rain-X Latitudes are a complete waste of money for the G6! I had to take the one off my driver's side because IT WAS COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE at removing water from right in front of me at highway speeds! I literally could not see the road in front of me, mostly due to the crappy adapter setup. The driver's side wiper rides high at the pivot point, and does not wipe away the stream of water that is left at the end of travel for the passenger's wiper (which ends pretty much in the driver's sight line).

Really, a $5 pair of wipers would do a better job in my estimation. I should have taken them back for a refund but I waited too long.

~ MattInSoCal
I can't stand the RainX Blades. Which is unfortunate, because I love every other product they make. But like you said, once you get over like 72mph, it just smears the water left by the passenger wiper. I am pretty sure this is one of the most expensive set of wipers you can buy too. I am waiting until after the winter and picking up a set of the Bosch ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rain-X Latitude Vs. Trico NeoForm Wiper Blades

Yeah...tis the season for wipers again in the USA...thus wiper chat.

The regular complaints I've seen on Rain-X Lattitudes are that they are too stiff for many vehicles and that the adapters are either too loose or bind which leads to poor contact and thus poor performance.

I have heard one complaint about NeoForms in the last year after selling over 2100+ of them. (and the one complaint was definitely a defective wiper, not a design problem) The adapter system is very well engineered since Trico engineers and manufacturers many of the OE wipers (and windshields). They also wipe excellent due to their spring design. The teflon coating keeps them quiet. FYI - Trico's running rebates again and its a great deal (consumers get them for under cost after rebate).

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
How are the winter blades by Trico? I live in Canada and need something that can withstand it haha

1 - 20 of 72 Posts