Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's coming up to that time of year, at least in North Eastern Alberta, Canada that winter is on it's way (had our first snowfall on the weekend, but it's melting, thankgod). My question to you guys out there is have you heard anything about the availability of steel rims for the G6 GT? Are there any 17" even 16" (if they would fit) steel rims available with the proper "Bolt Pattern" and "Offset"?

I would prefer to have winter tires mounted on these steel rims instead of using my stock rims (Chrome Tech) and having the garage change over the tires each season. If I went 16", I am considering either the 225/55-16 or 205/60-16 size (their overall size is very close to the stock tire 225/50-17). I'm leaning toward the 205s as they are narrower which would be better in the snow, but their "Load Rating" is lower than stock ( 92 versus 94). If I can use 16" rims, what would you suggest? Or should I stay with 17"?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Everything you mentioned seems pretty logical to me ... being you live in Canada, did you happen to try Canadian Tire as I know they care steel wheels for many brands and MIGHT have access to a set suitable for the G6 ... another company who I have bought from is Palmar but I am not sure if they have a facility in your area or not but I believe they are across Canada ... finally, what I had to do for my Father's Explorer was buy (4) of the rims that came as the spare tire ... not sure what kind of spare the G6 has in it but I would assume it has a Space Saver so this option wouldn't work ... maybe you can find a Junk Yard that has a smashed G6 and regardless of the trim level, they would work but you'd have to select a tires size to properly match though so as to keep your traction system, etc all working properly ... anyway, sorry for the rant ... good luck! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts