Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with automatic windows on my Pontiac g6 gt.
When frozen my automatic windows will not come down when I open my door; therefore the door will not close. Big design flaw!
Anyone having same problem?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
No problems here cause thats a coupe issue! lol
Sedans dont have that feature. ha haaa

I think that issue runs accross many platforms when the temp runs down so cold. The mechanism freezes. You might set your heater on and remote start your car for 5 min or so before getting in it to warm it up when you anticipate it getting that cold.
Just an idea.....

I have this feature on my wife's Mustang but it never gets that cold down here in South Texas.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not much you can do about it. I had this same problem with my BMW coupe and the window would freeze and pryed open a gap therefore making lots of wind noise. When the temperature warms up it will work as normal again.

If you are up to it, you need to unfreeze the window first before you open the door. Otherwise you just have to put up with the door not closing properly. It's a very retarded design.

·
Registered
500 Posts
that completely confused me...why do you need you door open for the windows to come down...and why would the window prevent you from closing the door
The window comes down automatically when the door is opened and closes after the door is closed. If the window is frozen shut, it will not index and will not seat properly when the door is closed, causing an open gap around the door frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.