Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2010 G6 GT :)
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not mechanically inclined at all when it comes to cars, but I did feel the need to share this.

I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts not long ago looking for new wiper blades for my 2010 G6 GT. Since I wasn't sure which ones I needed, I asked the man at the counter. When I gave him the car info to look up, he said I'd have to get them through GM.

My car is no more than a year old, and the wipers that were on there were crap. Since they're probably original to the car and they really shouldn't be worn out at this point, I wasn't particularly excited about getting blades from GM. As if that wasn't enough, I searched the forums on here and saw posts about people being charged $80 for new wipers from GM. I was pretty hacked by that point..

I went to Walmart as a last-ditch effort, and looked through their wiper book. I found blades for the '05-'07 G6, but that was it. I bought them anyway, and they wound up fitting perfectly and only costing a little over $20!

The windshield wipers are Michelin Radius - 24" for the driver side, and 21" for the passenger. It comes with different parts to fit different wipers, but the directions are clear pretty easy to figure out.

Hope this helps someone! :)

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I went to Walmart as a last-ditch effort, and looked through their wiper book. I found blades for the '05-'07 G6, but that was it. I bought them anyway, and they wound up fitting perfectly and only costing a little over $20!

The windshield wipers are Michelin Radius - 24" for the driver side, and 21" for the passenger. It comes with different parts to fit different wipers, but the directions are clear pretty easy to figure out.

Hope this helps someone! :)
This is good stuff for several reasons. It goes to show you that a little extra leg work on your end paids off and another kudo is don't believe everything the parts guys says. Remember, he's waiting to knock off too!

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
The first time I had to replace my wipers was the second day I had the car.
I drove back to Maryland from Pennsylvania in a snowstorm, and the wipers FELL APART. I was not pleased.

I bought them from Walmart, they were $14 a piece, and didn't last a year.

I have however found a better deal.

I bought my last set of blades at Costco.

They were Goodyear Assurance brand.

As you said, 24" driver side, 21" passenger side.

I paid $8.50 a piece.
This was in august, I saw them there today for the same price.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Yeah the problem with going to any of the major auto parts stores is that they can sell you exactly what came with the car (although in your case having a 2010 probably threw them :p), but if you want any sort of upgrade/aftermarket they're of no use whatsoever :confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ive got the Michelin wiper blades from Costco (Canada). Cant beat the price (under $10/ea), but not reccomended. They were missing spots the day after I installed them them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ive got the Michelin wiper blades from Costco (Canada). Cant beat the price (under $10/ea), but not reccomended. They were missing spots the day after I installed them them.
Well I installed Michelin Stealth wipers (also from Costco for $8). Once installed I did have on the driver side, one particular spot was missing. But it was better after I had them installed for a while.

You can also buy an additional Wiper tension spring. Which will solve the problem instantly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yep, Canadian Tire is decent, but we don't have the CHEAP US pricing ....yet...

As I have low mileage I only replaced the blades before winter. GM wanted close to $40/ea...so I said F-that and found some at Crappy Tire; two for less than the price of one at the dealer.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I got Trico Neoforms as well. Little expensive at $20 bucks each, but I didn't want any cheap blades. They work well so far (2 months). I'm hoping they will last me up to 2 years at least (I get no snow).

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Honestly, I don't like Rain-x for the G6. Mine only lasted maybe a month to almost 2 months before they started streaking again, and they're pretty useless on the highway.

I read someone post about Trico Onyx wipers (available at advanced auto) being pretty good. So far I haven't heard very many bad things about the Trico wipers. I have yet to try them myself.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
lol, I'm still putting up with the rain-x blades for now. Just kind of waiting for pay day. I think I'll be going with those Trico Onyx ones I mentioned. I was looking at them in the store and they seem like they'll handle highway driving much better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.