Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiper blades on my G6 need to be replaced. Went to the dealer and was told that they cost $39 each....ouch!!!! Do any of the aftermarket wiper blades fit the G6????

Len

·
Registered
169 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I think that dealership is messing with ya.

Mike
I agree. My dealer only charged me a little over $20 each.

Rubber doesn't come off neatly to allow a "refill" to be used, and the entire blade is what you're buying. Like GTPGuy82 says, it's a funky design -- it's an even funkier attachment to the arm.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What is the deal with these blades anyways? They look like they can be flipped over and reused or is that just for looks/wind deflection?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went on line and ordered the wiper blades from a Pontiac dealer in California. Including shipping, it cost $31 for both blades. I love the internet! I cant wait till my local dealer calls to tell me that the $80 set is in. Looks like I'll need to find another dealer for any warranty work that might show up.

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.

Len

·
Registered
169 Posts
lapper said:
I cant wait till my local dealer calls to tell me that the $80 set is in. Looks like I'll need to find another dealer for any warranty work that might show up.

Len
Ouch! That's a good one! :D

Dealerships need a reality check from time to time anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
G6 Wiper Blades @ Advancea Auto

Advanced Auto carries the G6 wiper blades. Trico's Neoform series. Part#'s:
16-2113 (21") & 16-2413 (24"). $35.00 for the set.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Doesn't Bosch make wipers for the G6 that look like the factory wipers? Bosch ICON Part# 441

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a driver's side one (arm and blade) from NAPA and it was less than $20. They were out of the passenger side ones at the time, but the driver's side one was the one I really needed. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 g-6 gxp,needed a new drivers side wiper blade.
Parts stores could not match it up with anything.
Finally was able to find a match but listed under 2007.
CAR QUEST part# 156-2413 $26.98 for one(1)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Napa is the the only place i found them in my area, besides the dealer which i would never go to ever again. The series is Napa Exact Fit but i forgot the numbers, just ask the clerk to check the computer cause its not in the book
about $36 for the pair, sizes 24 and 21

·
Registered
73 Posts
21" and 24" RainX Latitudes fit perfectly, just bought them today. You only need to un-clip the plastic part that already comes mounted on them and put a different one on. After you slide them into place in the wiper arm, there is one more sliding cover that locks them in place.

The first one took a couple minutes to figure out, the second one went on in 5 seconds flat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts