Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As talked about a lot in this forum my wiper transmission broke off from the wiper motor. I replaced the transmission and the wipers work great and wipe the whole window. However, now I have an issue with the parking of the wipers. When I stop the wipers, they move up and stop in the middle of the window. Usually you can remove the wipers and put them back down in the correct position and all will be fixed. Since my wipers actually clean correctly, moving them will not work and would mess up the movement. I am thinking my issue might have to do with the motor now, but I do not know how to fix that. Does anyone have any idea of what could be adjusted to get both the park of the wipers and the movement all aligned?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Did you make sure the motor was in the park position when you attached the transmission & then you installed the wipers in the park position?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the motor was in park, but the transmission arms moved a lot while attaching it. Also, when I attached the wipers when in the park position, the wiper alignment would be way off and try to wipe my hood. In order to get the wipers wiping the window, I had to pull them all the way back (to get the transmission in the correct position), take off the wipers and then put them on the window in the correct position.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I suppose it could be a problem with the park switch in the motor then. It's not replaceable separately from the motor. I'm skeptical that it would go bad at the same time the trany broke off but anything's possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts