Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
966 Posts
Odd electrical issues can be caused by a bad / floating ground. I believe a number of them are sourced from transmission tunnel area. You could also try moving the wire bundles gently to see f you can recreate the issue. Most of the switches end up signaling the BCM, so you could also check in that area. Other odd electrical issues have been caused by poor BCM connections. This was the subject of a recall. I believe you can check if yours was done by entering your VIN on the GM site. Equally it is easy to implement the fix yourself by adding electrical grade dielectric grease to the blue BCM connectors. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Odd electrical issues can be caused by a bad / floating ground. I believe a number of them are sourced from transmission tunnel area. You could also try moving the wire bundles gently to see f you can recreate the issue. Most of the switches end up signaling the BCM, so you could also check in that area. Other odd electrical issues have been caused by poor BCM connections. This was the subject of a recall. I believe you can check if yours was done by entering your VIN on the GM site. Equally it is easy to implement the fix yourself by adding electrical grade dielectric grease to the blue BCM connectors. Hope this helps
Ok Thank you, I will dig deeper into it ...and will let you know what i find

1 - 3 of 3 Posts