Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing starter, battery and some cosmetic work the wipers engage whenever the vehicle is shifted out of park. Fuse ok, relays seem fine. Switch operates them normally in park. This is a car I am very unfamiliar with so I hope someone has had this kind of issue before. Thanks, community.

·
08 convertible
328 Posts
Very hard to imagine how the transmission has anything to do with the wipers. But considering you've done a bunch of electrical work, I would go back and check everything you did for errors or damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am a computer tech by trade and a moderate level hobby electrician. I am asking for advice as to if I should look at the intermittent module if there is one, body control unit, basically is there anything specific about the Pontiac G6 that causes this issue ? Is there an "Aha !" answer ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so to help future members the cool fan 3 relay was in backwards (fuse block under hood). Or it was making poor contact. The materials for G6 say these four pin relays are diagonally pinned so there is no backwards orientation. I have discovered this is not true for several including the run and the crank relays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts