Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from work today I had the wipers on (it was raining), and then all of a sudden they quit working. On the highway at 70mph with no wiper blades made the old butt pucker but I was able to keep going as the wind was allowing me just enough to see. I tried cycling the wipers through all of the possible ways to get them to work...and nothing.

Then the wipers started working again on their own. Thought it was a fluke that they quit, and then a few minutes later they quit working again. This went on 3 more times before I finally made it home. Turned the car off, started back up...and the wipers worked...but that was not much of a long term test.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
On the way home from work today I had the wipers on (it was raining), and then all of a sudden they quit working. On the highway at 70mph with no wiper blades made the old butt pucker but I was able to keep going as the wind was allowing me just enough to see. I tried cycling the wipers through all of the possible ways to get them to work...and nothing.

Then the wipers started working again on their own. Thought it was a fluke that they quit, and then a few minutes later they quit working again. This went on 3 more times before I finally made it home. Turned the car off, started back up...and the wipers worked...but that was not much of a long term test.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks
Could be several things. Try this first: turn the key to run position & turn on the wipers to LOW & gently wiggle the wiper switch fuse in the cabin fuse box back & forth. Be very gentle. See if you can get them to start & stop. You wouldn't be the first to have a bad fuse holder in the BCM.

Are they quitting mid-sweep, when parked or what?

Are the washers also intermittent?

What year is that vehicle?

Can you read schematics, use a DMM & track down electrical faults?

Depending on the model year, there are a few GM-enhanced DTCs that can pop & help with the diagnosis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts