Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remote started my car tonight and before I could get to the vehicle it shut off, so I got in and started it, and the wipers came on even with them showing off. they stayed on the entire way home and when i got home I realized the horn does not work either. it is an 07 with 38k miles. It seems like after messing with the horn the horn works and the wipers stop. Even when the horn doesnt work the lock makes the horn beep, but when the horn doesn't work the remote start doesnt work either. I am so lost. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more info

I also wanted to add that hitting the horn while driving seems to dim the driver side headlight which, while the wipers are on seems to be much dimmer then the pass side. Also the turn signal on the driver side blinks dull and very fast. the pass side works fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Issues

I would agree, but what type of electrical issues I have no idea. I have thought about the BCM, but not sure how to test. I think I may disconnect the battery tonight to see if that helps at all. Hopefully it is just confused and a REBOOT:beer:will fix the issue

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I know that blowing a fuse can affect other systems, example the headlights have 2 fuses, one for each side. I would go through one by one and check fuses. Might have blown one when you remote started. Perhaps when all the lights flashed when you hit lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.