Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found replacement wiper refills at any of the auto parts stores, or are they only avaliable from pontiac? I'd better get a spare set before the snow and ice settle in this winter.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find replacement blades? I went to the dealer yesterday and they told me that the blades cost $39 each!!!!

Len

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kindof on the same topic... does anyone else think the wiper speed switch is backwards of what it should be? It's backwards from my Grand Am, I just found out this morning that turning it closer to me will make them go slower. I was wondering why the "slow" speed was so freakin fast. ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
MP2 said:
Kindof on the same topic... does anyone else think the wiper speed switch is backwards of what it should be? It's backwards from my Grand Am, I just found out this morning that turning it closer to me will make them go slower. I was wondering why the "slow" speed was so freakin fast. ;)

Yeah I thought it was backwards too. :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
the bottom most is stop.. then the next to the bottom is speed sensitive.. so if you are going 60 its going to be fast.. going 20.. its going to be slow.. atleast thats what i have noticed

·
Registered
8 Posts
wipers are under warranty for the first 12,000 miles, just go to the dealer and get them replaced if you have less miles than that.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
My dealer has them for $19.95/each. The wipers are AC/Delco.

·
Pontiac Fan From Day One
21 Posts
wipers.

Ok everyone, heres the deal. I work at a quick lube and we sell wiper blades there. So to make a long story short.....

There are no replacment blades out there yet.... but there will be.... I talked with the rain-x blades rep. and she said that all the aftermarket companies don't have replacment for the brackets. (traditionally you have a j hook on the arm and thats what they are working on right now but it should be out by the end of summer or fall.) the only place to get them is at dealer only. sorry!! :( so yes we have to pay the altra high price for now!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been looking too. The dealer here wants $21 each. Found Advanced Auto Parts had 2 versions from the same brand. One $10, other $17. The $10 one said OEM towards the bottom, brand name started with a T. HTH.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I failed to locate any replacement blades at the stores I checked in town. I wanted to buy Bosch blades but those fools don't sell online and nobody in town carried Bosch or anything else that would fit the G6. It's a shame, I really like the design of the G6 blades, they are a piece of cake to replace, but no one seems to carry them. I think the new Malibu uses the same design so hopefully GM will spread the design across their other cars so that in time the blades will be very common.

I finally got the blades replaced when I took my car in for service at Firestone and they just happened to have something that would work. They wanted $80 for them and I just laughed. I managed to talk them into giving me the blades free since I had a lot of maintenance work done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked around so long for replacement blades and ended up buying them at the dealership for $39 a piece. I called so many places and noone carried them except dealer

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just replaced one of my wipers yesterday... I found that the Bosch Evolutions work. I had the guy at O'Reilys grab one from the back and told him that it needed to have the clips on the sides of the attachment piece and he brought me that one. It is not EXACT but it clips on nicely and does a very good job. Price was about $17.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just took my car to the dealer to get replacements and they wanted $33 a piece! I told them absolutly not! Thats just rediculous!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts