Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
New to the forum. Background; I bought my 2006 3.5 v6 G6 in 2009. This car has taken me to AZ 3 times and to TX and back to OR. Love the engine. Very few engine issues over 13.5 yrs.

Last December, an idiot, who should not have been driving, was out in the snow and caused a three car collision with me in the middle. Since she was uninsured I got stuck fixing my rig myself.Rewearing the bumper was a bummer but the rest was simple enough. …except for;

My passenger headlight got pulverized in the collision. The wiring harness to the passenger side of the car was a casualty as well. I’m installing new after market headlights and such but I have run into a problem. There are 3 purple wires that come from the fuse box to the passenger front of the vehicle. One is the dog lamp. Which I identified with a tester. I have no earthly idea what the other two go to. All the other things to that side are accounted for that I can think of. After combing the internet, I need help because I can’t find the information I need. Also I have no plugs missing purple wires anywhere near that side of the car.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
87 Posts
Your best bet would be the junk yard. Wiring harness is a tough one. They do not sell this separately. They only sell the complete wiring harness to the entire car. Go to the junk yard and cut the pigtails to the headlights and re-attach to your wiring matching the color of the wires and you should be all set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input. That was likely my next bet to find where they go on an intact harness. It’s still odd that I have two wires that seem to have no point to attach to. One powered with the ACC on and one not, with the low beam, high beam, fog, or any other circuit I can find. I tracked the wire all the way to the fuse panel connection, but that was a dead end because the fuse panel doesn’t match up with any relay or fuse that makes sense. Some serious voodoo going on here. :LOL:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts