Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this wiring harness fit into the stock clip for the speakers in my g6? i dont want to run wires or anything i just want to be able to hook the harness into the speakers and clip the other end into the clips.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12071043/GM-Speaker-Harnesses.html?tp=3097&tab=review
also if i have a monsoon system where is the stock amp, and would i b able to buy a new amp unplug the stock one and just plug the new one in? i dont know much about wiring so i just want to be able to hook them up.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
those are meant to replace the clips that hook into the stock speakers, so if you are putting in new speakers and want to reuse the existing harness, you will need to cut off the clip on the existing harness and use those wires to connect to the new speakers.

The monsoon amp is in the trunk on the passenger side behind the carpet. It uses connectors similar to what plugs into the stock radio so you wont be able to just plug in a new amp. New amps use RCA's to connect to the channels, and some have speaker wire terminals for them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
they should work but i just splice mine an left the stock plug intact just in case i sell the car down the line

they will be an amp in the trunk just look at the 6x9's if you see four wires at each speaker you have monsoon if not you dont have it if you do just bypass it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts